10. The college infirmary built in 1934 was dedicated to Mrs. Florence Hunt, wife of FVHIS principal Henry A. Hunt. The structure was demolished in the early '70s, and the current building completed by 1975 (research dates conflict). The Hunts are entombed on campus and their resting site is a focal point for Founders Day events each November.
11. Dr. Walter W. Sullivan was appointed acting president in June 1982 following the sudden death of Cleveland W. Pettigrew, president since 1973. Dr. Melvin E. Walker was named acting president October 1, 1988, following the departure of Dr. Luther Burse.
12. The Anderson House was built by F.W. Gano and named in memory of professor Benjamin S. Anderson. The main exhibit and displays come from the collection of Alfonso Biggs, a historian and chef to three U.S. presidents.